The Handmade Quilt
Discover the joy and serenity of slow stitching with hand piecing and hand quilting! With one quilt of 15 blocks, master teacher Carolyn Forster takes readers on a quilt making journey that begins with the basics and progresses to more intricate techniques with each new block.
Quilters can start with simple blocks and methods, and progress to more intricate units as their confidence and skill increases. The Handmade Quilt provides both a complete learning experience for new quilters and a stunning project for experienced stitchers. The finished heirloom-quality quilt is a beautiful sampler of stash-busting blocks.
- Skill-Building: The Handmade Quilt features a 21-block sampler that starts with the easiest techniques and progresses to more challenging skills—with no need for a sewing machine!
- Comprehensive: the book is a complete learning experience for a new quilter and a stunning sampler project for experienced stitchers.
- Unique: no other book available today covers the how-to of hand-stitching and hand-quilting blocks in such a thorough manner.
- Portable: you can hand-stitch anywhere!
- Carolyn even shows you color options and how to re-arrange blocks to make the quilt your own.
- 21 Block Designs.
- Templates for every block.
- How-to finish the Sampler from Beginning to Binding.
- Learn to Stitch Set-in Seams and Curves.
- Step-by-Step Photographs and Illustrations.
- Gallery of Block Color Options.
- 144 Pages.