Sew Jelly Roll Quilts And Gifts
A jelly roll is a roll of pre-cut fabric strips, manufactured and marketed through United Notion’s hugely popular Moda division. United Notions are the largest supplier and distributor of quilting fabrics, pattern books and other products associated with quilting. The fabric strips in a jelly roll are a standard width and length (21/2 x 44in) and there are usually 40 strips a roll, enabling quick and easy piecing for craft projects. All of the quilts in the book can be made using a single jelly roll, through extra fabric is needed for the edging and backing fabric.
This book contains information on materials and equipment, as well as basic stitching techniques, layering and basting, quilting (by hand and machine), binding, labelling and laundering. There’s even a section on cutting your own strips for those who prefer to use their own fabric choices rather than a pre-cut jelly roll.
Each of the nine projects consist of a different quilt design, together with a gift item made in a coordinating fabric, including stylish bags, a cushion, pot holders and key fobs. Full instructions for each quilt are provided, together with step-by-step photographs for the accompanying gift. Stunning photography throughout and clear, step-by-step instructions make this an ideal beginner’s book.
Ask at your local patchwork and quilting shop.
ORDER FROM THE USA
TO BE DELIVERED
Available directly from Carolyn Forster.
- 9 stunning quilt designs and 9 lovely gift projects
- Jelly Rolls offer a quick and easy route into the quilting world, and this great book shows you how to use them to make lovely quilts and gifts
- Essential techniques are covered with step by step photographs
- 128 pages, colour throughout
- Contains information on materials and equipment, as well as basic stitching techniques, layering and basting, quilting (by hand and machine), binding, labelling and laundering